Upcoming @ PAS: School Updates During Covid-19
MS School Homework Weebly – some middle school teachers have been posting assignments here
Update for Monday, March 30: PAS Chromebook Distribution on Thursday, April 2, 2020
Update for Monday, March 30: PAS ePony Announcement of Chromebook Distribution & Other Updates
Update for Wednesday, March 25: Computer Access Survey(not mandatory to receive a Chromebook)
Update for Sunday, March 22: PAS e-Pony Principal Letter with teacher messages
Update for March 20:
1. PACKETS – I hope that many of you were able to pick up the learning packets made by your teachers. We will be on the blacktop tonight from 5-8pm. We will contact families of unclaimed packets.
2. ONLINE PAS PACKETS – These are online links to the PAS Packets from the teachers. More will be added. Check regularly.
3.ADDITIONAL LEARNING RESOURCES – Equity Circle and others have created a list of learning resources for children and parents. More will be added regularly.
4. YEARBOOK PHOTOS NEEDED – Mr. Endriss is working very hard to make sure we can meet our Yearbook deadline but need more school pictures. Please send one or two photos from school field trips to him at email@example.com
5. Finally, your teachers are eager to connect with you and to help you to feel connected to PAS. Today’s video is from Zoë Ehrenberg, 4GR Social Studies and Writing teacher. She has a short story about women’s history month to share with you. For HSA from ZEhrenberg.mp4
Please stay healthy, Principal Wapner
Update for March 18:
Dear PAS K-5 Families: I hope you are holding up during this unprecedented health crisis. I know we will get through this together. I want to make sure that your child’s learning continues. One of the ways your teachers are helping is by creating additional student learning materials for grades K-5. Parents can pick up packets for their children or neighbors from the blacktop Thursday and Friday (March 19-20), 9am to noon and 5-8pm in this suggested order:
THURSDAY AM: Student Last names starting with A-K THURSDAY PM: Student Last names starting with L-Z
FRIDAY AM: Student Last names starting with L-Z FRIDAY PM: Student Last names starting with A-K
Please enter the pick up line from 43rd and Spruce. Keep your social distance and use the other hygiene practices. Don’t bring your children if at all possible so that we can keep our distance.
If you can’t pick up, please email Ann Kreidle at firstname.lastname@example.org or text her at 215-284-8601 to pick up on her porch or arrange for an Equity Circle member to coordinate a drop off location with you.
If you also have excess canned goods and other nonperishable items, we will have drop-off bins during this time.
Thank you for being the strong and resilient community that you are! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com.
Update for March 15:
Penn Alexander and the PAS Home & School Association (HSA) will use this page to post important information for you during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please assist other families who may need help accessing this information. Updates to this page will be sent to families via Membership Toolkit.
If you do not have web access, you can:
– Call 610-458-6292, to leave a voice message with your NAME and phone #. A representative from PAS will call you back.
– Text 215-284-8601 to Dr. Ann Kreidle and she will get in touch with you.
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your information and a representative from PAS will get back to you.
STUDENT LEARNING RESOURCES (updated as we get them)
If you need internet access, Comcast Internet Essentials is providing 60 days free for new low-income subscribers during coronavirus – https://www.internetessentials.com/
They are also making their hotspots available for free.
Event Updates: 3/15/2020
As events and activities are canceled, rescheduled or changed, we will continue to post updated information on this page.
Equity Circle Planning Meeting: NOT CANCELED — join March 17 via remote access:
The Equity Circle Planning meeting, scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 at 6 p.m., is still happening via Zoom meeting. Details:
Join Zoom Meeting Online by clicking this link! Make sure your microphone and web camera are on.
You may be asked to enter a Meeting ID: 316 540 1107
Dial by your location – first call one of these two numbers
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Enter the Meeting ID: 316 540 1107
The following events have been CANCELED:
– Chat & Chew/PAS Principal Search Process Parent Meeting with interpretation. Originally Wed., March 18, 8:30 a.m.
– FACE Workshop Crayola: Writing Art-Inspired Stories for Grades K-8. Originally Wed., March 18, 6 p.m.
– Annual Ice Skating and Pizza Party at Penn rink. Originally Saturday, March 28, 1 p.m. The HSA is happy to refund admission and food ticket costs for this event if you’ve already paid; alternately, you can consider the payment a tax-deductible donation to the PAS HSA. If you would prefer a refund, please email email@example.com.
– All school field trips scheduled up until the end of spring break are canceled.