The Home and School Association of Penn Alexander School is an important partner with the school. The HSA is made up of you: the hard-working parents and caregivers who support the school through fundraising and volunteerism. Our goal is to help maintain an exceptional neighborhood school that provides the best possible learning environment for our children.
What the HSA does:
● Raises money for school programming — including the school’s full-time art teacher and after-school clubs
● Promotes school spirit and community involvement through special events, such as the
Ice Cream Social, Bingo Night, and the 5K Run for Art & Science
● Supports teachers and staff by helping meet classroom needs (reimbursing them for
classroom supplies they buy out-of-pocket) and recognizing accomplishments
● Secures volunteers for key school activities such as class trips, school events, and more
● Helps keep parents informed of school activities and news
We can provide this support in part because of donations from you. Our goal for this school year is to raise $150,000, with 100% of Penn Alexander families contributing. In order to maintain the current level of programming and to meet our fundraising commitments, we are asking for $100 per student. We ask all families to give what they can, understanding that not everyone is able to give at all times. In past years, individual donations have ranged from $10 to $6,000. Every donation of time and money counts!